Botanical laces / Botaniczne koronki

I told you about my love for laces before (HERE). Maybe I wasn't clear, but in fact I see laces everywhere.
Wspominałam już wcześniej o mojej miłości do koronek (choćby TU). Nie wiem jednak, czy macie świadomość, że ja je widzę wszędzie.
This artwork from 2008, named "My Way" is the first one where I decided to show it off.
W tej tkaninie z 2008, zatytułowanej "Moja droga" zdecydowałam się to ujawnić publicznie.
 As you can see,  my laces are a combination of lace patterns and botanical patterns.
Jak widzicie, moje koronki to taka kombinacja wzorów koronkowych z roślinnymi.
I collect botanical books even longer than lace books. And I use them for inspirations pretty often.
Atlasy botaniczne zbieram jeszcze dłużej niż ksiązki o koronkach. I używam jako inspiracji zaskakująco często.
For example these trees from my current big project are in fact...
Na przykład te drzewa z mojego obecnego "dużego" projektu są w istocie...

... grasses :) And working on them led me to the black lacy tree you see at the top.
... pospolitymi trawkami :) I właśnie w trakcie haftowania tych trawek/drzewek zatęskniłam za takim czarnym, koronkowym drzewem, które widzieliście na wstępie.
I would say it is my "free style reticella" tree. Of course those who use this antique Italian lace technique may have their doubts. But it is not in the names - it is "just another black tree" :)
Na własny użytek nazywam je "moja własna reticella", choć jest to pewne nadużycie w stosunku do tej starej włoskiej koronkowej techniki. Ale mniejsza o nazwę - niech będzie po prostu "jeszcze jedno czarne drzewo" :)

Comments

Beautiful work - I love the black tree with the red berries. The technique is perfect for depicting the interlacing twigs and branches.
Uhatka said…
Bożenko, cudowne prace.
Carmina said…
Absolutely wonderful...
Kocham, kocham, kocham,kocham !
Jackie PN said…
Outstanding and amazing!
Bozena, your fiber art blows me away each and every piece I view! You are so gifted and talented- these pieces are extraordinary!
hugs from your faraway friend, Jackie
Anonymous said…
Zachwycam się koronkami Twoimi Bożeno. Pzdr Anna Szczecin
Sparklyjools said…
Wonderful! Love this so much! I am inspired to go and Google reticella work now!
Abby / Linda said…
Love seeing your work in progress, and all the botanical accents. Beautiful!
Anneczka said…
piękana praca a drzewko, wykonanie, technika, pomysł, podziwiam
pasja said…
Piękna praca :) uwielbiam Twój blog :) pozdrawiam
Tanja said…
I like your tree, it's lovely
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
marketing said…
Excellent work; the black tree with the crimson berries is my favorite. The method is ideal for capturing the way the branches and twigs intertwine. art this is the best art
marketing said…
Excellent work; the black tree with the crimson berries is my favorite. The method is ideal for capturing the way the branches and twigs intertwine.
art this is the best art.

Popular posts from this blog

The hen in troubles

Spring is coming to the kitchen