Fragile Art / Porcelana

No, it was not done on purpose. When I reached to the cupboard for this cup (it was the best match to my piece) it turned out to be broken. As we didn't have any earthquakes lately (as if we've ever had) it had to be my high concentration and a bit too intense work put into this "Porcelain" art quilt. Now you know why I don't make portraits :)
Nie, nie zrobiłam tego celowo. Kiedy sięgnęłam do kredensu po najbardziej pasującą filiżankę, okazało się, że jest ona pęknięta na pół. Ponieważ nie było tu ostatnio żadnego trzęsienia ziemi (nie to, żeby kiedykolwiek było) to musiał być efekt mojej maksymalnej koncentracji i intensywnego skupienia przy pracy nad "Porcelaną". Teraz już wiecie, dlaczego nie szyję portretów :)
You know the story behind it, right? If not - look HERE. As this meticulous handwork may not be quite visible in this picture, I will support you with some details:
Pamiętacie, skąd się wziął pomysł na tę tkaninę, prawda? Jeżeli nie - to TU sobie przypomnijcie. A ponieważ nie dość dokładnie widać całą tę moją dłubaninę na zdjęciu ogólnym to podsuwam zbliżenia i detale:
Milosz's "Song on porcelain" is about war, but hearts and houses don't need a war to be broken. Fortunately there is time which does its mending job just as I did it with my stitching.
Miłoszowska "Piosenka o porcelanie" jest o wojnie, ale serca i domy nie potrzebują wojny, aby pękać. Na szczęście jest czas, który potem to wszystko ceruje, trochę tak jak ja z moimi hafcikami.

I wanted to have this piece finished before I go to other poetic projects. And I've got some nice ones so can't wait to start working on them, but it is too early to say anything more. So take another look on this one:
Bardzo chciałam skończyć tę pracę zanim przejdę do innych poetyckich projektów. A kilka mam w zanadrzu i nie mogę się już doczekać, kiedy się nimi zajmę, ale na razie nic więcej nie powiem. Popatrzcie jeszcze na ten:
and another:
i jeszcze:
and don't forget that there is also this short documentary with me actually stitching it:
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLYCttICZ-I
Of course I had to make some breaks in this intensive labor so there are some small new artworks too. Like this one:
i pamiętajcie, że nawet zostałam uwieczniona przy szyciu właśnie tej pracy:
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLYCttICZ-I
Oczywiście musiałam sobie robić przerwy w tym mozolnym szyciu, więc są też małe tkaninki, jak na przykład ta:
Ok, it's a teaser, or rather just the beginning of this happy Spring umbrella:
No może aż tak prościutkie to nie, bo to właściwie tylko początek tej wesołej wiosennej parasolki:
It is really small - 10 x 13 in and with very little of rain
Jest naprawdę mała - 26 x 32 cm i z małym deszczykiem
In fact, I had an idea for a print and needed some role model :) The print is more colorful and really looks like "Happy Umbrella" - see by yourself HERE.
And yes, I made the first prototype for my new hens. Have to work on the details but one thing is for sure - this time it will be Three French Hens hanging decor!
Tak naprawdę, to miałam pomysł na druk i potrzebowałam modelki :) A druk jest jeszcze bardziej kolorowy i naprawdę wygląda jak "Happy Umbrella" - zresztą zobaczcie sami TUTAJ.
I oczywiście zrobiłam pierwszy prototyp nowego modelu kurek. Jeszcze trochę pracy przy detalach, ale jedno jest pewne - tym razem będą to wiszące, francuskie Trzy Kurki!

Comments

myrtovl said…
Dear Bozena, you made my day just by looking at the pictures of your work of Art, thank you!
Myrto
Jackie PN said…
WOW and Wow! Your porcelain piece is stunning Bozena and the umbrella piece is exquisite!! and the french hens? What can I say- you are so gifted and talented and your skills with textiles amaze me my friend!! hugs and love ")
Anneczka said…
Lubię oglądać film pokazujący jak szyjesz ten obrazek. Pięknie oddajesz klimat zwykłych rzeczy, które nas otaczają.

Popular posts from this blog

Botanical laces / Botaniczne koronki

The hen in troubles

Spring is coming to the kitchen