In love with stripes / Zakochana w paskach

Do you remember this background fabric? Well, you may not know it, but I have a soft spot for stripes. Not for all stripes, just for some of them. Like for the ones I received from my dear friend (where would I be without my friends?...). So I fell in love with them immediately.
Pamiętacie tę tkaninę stanowiącą tło dla fruwających filiżanek? No cóż, może tego nie wiecie, ale mam słabość do pasków. Nie, nie do pasków w ogóle, tylko do pewnych pasków. Na przykład takich, jakie dostałam od serdecznej przyjaciółki (cóż ja bym zrobiła bez moich przyjaciół?...). Zakochałam się w nich momentalnie.
Some time ago I read this book
Jakiś czas temu trafiła w moje ręce ta skromna książeczka:
So I already knew there's a lot of special meanings in stripes. But my use of stripes has much more with intuition than the knowledge. So after the "Coffee Time" I wanted to work some more with this precious fabric.
I wiem, że  paski niosą ze sobą wiele ukrytych znaczeń. Ale ja używam ich raczej intuicyjnie niż "naukowo". I bardzo chciałam jeszcze z nimi poeksperymentować.
And the idea of making another bright and sunny landscape with stripes was born.
Tak zrodził się pomysł na kolejny jasny i pogodny pejzaż.
Why "another"? Because I made one already for the exhibition at The Whistler Gallery, "The Powdered Landscape":
Dlaczego "kolejny"? Bo niedawno uszyłam jeden na wystawę w Whistler Gallery, "The Powdered Landscape":
 The striped one, "The Caramel Landscape" is totally different but somehow they have a lot in common.
Ten pasiasty jest zupełnie inny, ale wydaje mi się, że jednak mają ze sobą wiele wspólnego.
I guess it is the pretty summer weather this year which inspires me to create bright, quiet and peaceful landscapes :)
Prawdopodobnie to efekt wyjątkowo pięknej tego roku letniej pogody. Aż się chce tworzyć takie jasne, ciche i spokojne pejzaże :)
But it seems that I'm not done with the stripes yet. While developing a new design for small curtains I made one for myself :)
A z paskami jeszcze nie skończyłam. Pracując nad nowym modelem małych zasłonek, zrobiłam jedną dla siebie :)


Comments

Joanna said…
Cudne te Twoje prace są. Oryginalne i wyjątkowe. Pejzaże świetne, jeden i drugi. A zasłonka niesamowita :)
Anonymous said…
Zakochałam się w perłowych drzewach. Pzdr Anna
Bo said…
pudrowy pejzaz przepiekny
drzewka mistrzostwo jubilerow
Wonderful landscape works! Stripes are good! Loving those curtains! xCathy

Popular posts from this blog

Botanical laces / Botaniczne koronki

The hen in troubles

Spring is coming to the kitchen