Leeks continued / Pory - ciąg dalszy


So now when all the ingredients are being put together the only missing part is texture. Let's go for quilting...

Teraz, kiedy mamy wszystkie składniki połączone ze sobą, jedyne czego brakuje to jakaś faktura. Przechodzimy do pikowania...


Yes, I know, it doesn't look so yummy now. But believe me, it is a very good salad and I will do my best to convince you to. Just give me some time, you will love it.

I also found a good source of inspiration (both for cooking and for sewing) at this site about leeks:
http://gherkinstomatoes.com/2008/09/22/its-leek-to-me/
The legend says that king of Wales ordered his soldiers to stick sprigs of leek in their caps, so that during the tumult of battle Welsh troops could be distinguished from those of their enemy. And even Shakespeare wrote about it!

Wiem, wiem, to na razie nie wygląda zbyt apetycznie. Ale uwierzcie mi, to jest pyszna surówka i postaram się Was do tego przekonać. Dajcie mi tylko trochę czasu.

Znalazłam świetną stronę poświęconą porom (wprawdzie po angielsku), jeszcze jedno źródło inspiracji (zarówno do jedzenia jak i szycia):
http://gherkinstomatoes.com/2008/09/22/its-leek-to-me/
Legenda głosi, że król Walii polecił swoim żołnierzom zatknąć pory na hełmach, żeby łatwiej ich rozpoznawać w czasie walki. Nawet Szekspir o tym napisał!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Botanical laces / Botaniczne koronki

The hen in troubles

Spring is coming to the kitchen